Thursday, October 4, 2007

Off to Training Village

I am excited to leave for my training village today, which is up river near Kiang National park or forest. I will live with a host family for 8 weeks. There will be four other peace corps trainees in my village. We will live with separate families. Our instructor will stay in the village to teach us about language and culture. I will have my own house, a mud hut, and bathroom, pit latrine. I will not have internet while I am there, but my mom will try to post some blogs I mail home ( if my letters make it).

2 comments:

Camila Faraco said...

Good luck! Everything will be fine! Proud of you, Camila

Anonymous said...

Hi Alex!
Reading about all your daily adventures is so exciting! Thanks for keeping us posted. And your photos look great, too.
I didn't realize you were so close to a beach. It's looks beautiful and peaceful. Does anyone speak French in The Gambia?

Good luck and take care!
Jenn Asato